This is a personal blog. My other stuff: book | home page | Twitter | prepping | CNC robotics | electronics

November 04, 2017

Weekend distractions: a perfectly good dining table

I've been a DIYer all my adult life. Some of my non-software projects still revolve around computers, especially when they deal with CNC machining or electronics. But I've been also dabbling in woodworking for quite a while. I have not put that much effort into documenting my projects (say, cutting boards) - but I figured it's time to change that. It may inspire some folks to give a new hobby a try - or help them overcome a problem or two.

So, without further ado, here's the build log for a dining table I put together over the past two weekends or so. I think I turned out pretty nice:

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. You started off with $300 of maple, but you're final material cost was $250. Did you make something else as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only used about 3/5ths of that lumber (~$180). I bought more just in case. It will go toward some other projects later on.

      Delete